Saturday, October 5, 2013

Words

Words- they can heal and they can hurt- are probably what people refer to as the most powerful weapon till date. Yeah, I'm taking a break and I thought I'd just blog. It's funny how everyone knows that words can hurt and yet, people use words to hurt people. Be it intentionally or unintentionally, the pain is still inflicted on a certain individual. Mixed feelings, yeah. Well, I'm not saying that I always choose my words wisely and I'm not saying that I'm a saint of sort, who never ever hurt people with my words. Well, I do admit that I sometimes unintentionally hurt people with my words and I'm awfully sorry for all that I've done, but certainly... at least I apologised right? Not like I'm saying it will help a lot or whatsoever but what I really can't understand is how some people can just hurt people with their words and get on with their lives oh so easily, not even feeling a pang of guilt. I mean seriously? You've got to be kidding me. I always feel that pang of guilt in me whenever I do something wrong, until I apologise. I just wonder how people can do away with that.

I'm not referring to anyone, though. I've always believed in learning lessons the hard way. I may not be right all the time; I'm not perfect. Neither are you. We're all flawed, but that's precisely what makes us human, right? I won't deny that I was kind of sad and stuff but it's over (at least for me) and I'm not gonna brood over things like that. Rather, I thank the person for making me see my priorities in life even more clearly than I've ever seen them and I'm so glad that I've since become more reserved a person and stopped sharing my personal feelings with others. You see, for me, I feel that it's no use sharing. At the end of the day, no one's really gonna help you through anything. You've still gotta be the one pulling yourself through, which is what's gonna make you stronger. It doesn't matter, how many times you get beaten down; what matters most is, how many times you actually stand back up. Resilience is key and to all the people out there who're struggling in one way or another, break free of what's pulling you down and emerge stronger.

"How you've started the journey doesn't matter; what matters most is how you're gonna end it. Are you going to finish ot strong? The ultimate choice lies in your hands."- I'll never forget these words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment