Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Satisfaction

A wise man once said, "do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you have not.". No doubt, I googled the word "satisfaction". This word have been lurking around the back of mind for the whole afternoon. What exactly is satisfaction? I can't help but agree with the quote above.

The human heart can never be satisfied. Greedy, we all are. It's like once we've experienced something good in a way, we naturally expect that certain thing to always be that good. It's like there'll be this natural and invisible expectation already set. We unknowingly set expectations for ourselves.

I'm guilty of setting invisible expectations, I don't deny. I may appear as if I'm all fine at times when I don't live up to my expectations, but deep inside, I know I'm not. We all know that "guilty of setting invisible expectations" is just "greedy", being put in a nicer way. I had a rather interesting conversation of sort, with some of my friends earlier today. I'm not gonna type the whole thing out but really, I thought what they said were indeed true and worth giving them some thought. If the three of you are reading this post, yes, I take your words seriously okay! I do consider what you guys say although I may not comment much at that point of time.

Well yes, that's about satisfaction. I can go on and on, talking in depth but I'd prefer to keep it short- shorter than it originally would have been- and sweet.

On a side note, I'm feeling kind of grouchy today but I don't know why. I don't think it's because I "woke up on the wrong side of the bed" or just solely because I'm disappointed-kind of- with myself. I'm quite a complex person, I'll say. I sometimes do take quite sometime to understand myself too! I'm not schizophrenic... just simply complex... wow look! An oxymoron used! Though that's kind of green... haha!

I've always thought you were different. Hence, I reacted differently to you. Seems like I'm losing way too much faith. I'm proud to say that it's bothering me less but still, I hate it when things are left hanging.

That's about it for now I guess? Had a real long day I'm drained. Didn't even put in the effort to ensure that this post is well-written but oh, whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment